And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Anchor of Hope

Good morning everyone!
My card today was made for the Splitcoaststampers Ways to Use It Challenge, Word Art Wednesday # 152 Challenge, and for the Mojo Monday 365 Sketch, but I'll also be sending it to a friend at church with health issues!

As many of you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so I had to add a little pink to my card!

Creative Nugget:  I've never made a card this size before…it's 3 1/2" x 5 1/2 ", but it makes a really cute tall and skinny card!  The anchor is from the Anchor stamp set by Our Daily Bread Designs and was stamped in Blushing Bride ink on Vintage Cream card stock.  It was cut with the new Matting Circle Dies and the Circle Ornament Dies also by ODBD.  Soft Suede ink was used for the sentiment and piercing was added around the edge of the panel. The beautiful KaiserCraft papers were  stitched to Soft Suede card stock and mounted to a Blushing Bride card base.  A Baker's Twine bow was added in lieu of the banners on the sketch.

The lyrics to this song by Hillsong says it all to me…Jesus, my anchor, will hold in the storm!

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly trust in Jesus' name

Christ alone, Cornerstone
Weak made strong in the Savior's love
Through the storm
He is Lord
Lord of all

When darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil

My anchor holds within the veil
Christ alone, Cornerstone
Weak made strong in the Savior's love
Through the storm
He is Lord
Lord of all

He is Lord
Lord of all

When he shall come with trumpet sound
Oh may I then in Him be found
Dressed in His righteousness alone
Faultless, stand before the throne
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.

My card will be entered in the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #152 (Anything Goes)
Ways To Use It - WT 499 Symbols of Hope

Thanks so much for stopping by…Hope you've been inspired!

Hugs,
Cahymac

3 comments:

Cards By Jan said...

Awesome card Cathy....right October is breast cancer month...I better get busy and join in the challenge....I LOVE your card!!
Hugs

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is just lovely, great design for those big circle sentiments!

Tilia said...

A great card :)