And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Star Struck

Happy Saturday to you and welcome to another Sweet Stop sketch.  Since this is the third Saturday of the month, this week's sketch has a spin to it and that means...a prize!  The spin this time is to use stars somewhere on your card.  Now you would think with the VAST amount of supplies that I have I would be able to find some stars, but I came up empty...so, I found an adorable "Cocoa with Mittens" Digi image at the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps store and set about to create my own background paper.

Creative Nugget:  I love how this background turned out!  Since I am in a Christmas mood lately, I reached for my new Bo Bunny Blitzen paper pad and started punching stars out of the various patterns.  The stars were arranged and adhered in a pleasing manner on a piece of select white card stock.  This was then put through the Big Shot with a herringbone embossing folder to embed the stars.  This was the result!  If you click on the image, you will be able to see the various patterns better.  I will be using the embedding technique again!


Here is how the card came together.  Using some black card stock, some Bo Bunny papers, and my created background, the panels were layered on a select white card base.  The "Cocoa with Mittens" image was colored with copic markers.  If you look closely you will see some texture on the mittens.  This was done with the tip of the colorless blender.  I did find some small gold confetti stars in my stash and colored them with a black copic marker and stickles.  A piece of twill tape and a little tag were added to finish the card.  What do you think?  Be sure to check out the other Sugar Babies, then play along at The Sweet Stop.  We love to see your creations each week!

 Sugar Babies

Thanks for stopping by...I love to hear from you!

Hugs,
Cathymac

Card Recipe
Stamps: Cocoa with Mittens Digi (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps), Mixed Messages (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Select White, True Black (PTI), Bo Bunny Blitzen Collection (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Accessories: Oval and scalloped Nesties (Spellbinders), Twill Tape (SU!), Tag Die (Sizzix), Button Twine (PTI), Star Dust Stickles, Gold Stars, Copic Markers E000, E00, E13, E17, E18, E19, BG72, BG75, B52, W00, W1, W3, W5, 100, 0

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh, I LOVE this paper and how you used it with this sweet Cocoa! I had fun at the fair yesterday too....maybe next time the baby will be more cooperative!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet holiday card Cathy. Love the the Cocoa image and the fab coloring. The star/texture panel is perfect! :o)

Janice M said...

Adorable Cathy!! I'd have never known you made that star DP if you didn't say so!! It looks AWESOME!! Love your coloring and the color combo you ended up with!

Shelby Goolsby said...

I love this paper and it worked out perfectly with this stamp!! Absolutely adorable Cathy!!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness this is so CUTE CUTE CUTE! 8-) Fabulous custom made BG papers too! I never would have known either! Love your Sweet Cocoa and fabulous coloring too! Just a super Darling Christmas card! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Korin said...

What a FANTASIC idea, Cathy! You are so creative :)!! Love your card!!