And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Everything New

Hope everyone is having a great beginning of a new week!  So far this week has been filled with new things.  My birthday was Monday, so I received some new pretties.  Yesterday I began a new part-time job...and I used some new things to make a new card!

Spiritual Nugget: "Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature;  the old things passed away;  behold, new things have come."  (2 Corinthians 5:17)  I'm so thankful the Lord's blessings are new every morning! 


Creative Nugget:  This past Sunday, Sue (AKA bensarmom), was the featured stamper at Splitcoaststampers.  What a HUGE gallery to choose from!  As soon as I saw this  puppy get well card, I got my inspiration and knew what I would do!  I wanted to use my new Cheery Lynn doily die, some new Bo Bunny DP, and this new Christmas Puppy stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  And this was the result!  The puppy image was colored with copic markers.  Sparkle and dimension was added with Glossy Accents, Stickles, a jelly roll pen, and a Spica glitter pen.  The image was mounted on an English tea party doily die cut from DP.  All layers were mounted on a Cherry Cobbler card base.  Every time I work with this image, I'm hopeful that a new puppy will show up in my Christmas stocking this year!

As you go through your week, you may be surprised by all the new blessings you encounter!  Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Cathymac

Card Recipe
Stamps: Christmas Puppy (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Pumice Stone (Ranger)
Paper, Cryogen White, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso (SU!), Father Christmas DP (Bo Bunny)
Accessories: Circle Nesties (Spellbinders), English Tea Party Doily Die (Cheery Lynn), Kaiser Pearls, Piercing Tool, Glossy Accents (Ranger), Jelly Roll Pen (Sakura), Gold Spica Glitter Pen, Modern Label Punch (SU!), Star Dust Stickles (Ranger), Baker's Twine, Copic Markers E23, E40, E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, YR24, YR30, YR31, R59, R43, G21, G28, G29, BG0000

4 comments:

Janice M said...

Adorable Cathy!! Your coloring is awesome, Love that doily die too!

Shelby said...

Love the deep rich colors of this card! Your coloring is absolutely spot on and the layout perfect. Great job!

Shelby

LeAnne said...

Oh no! I didn't remember your birthday! :( NOW I know when it is! This is a lovely card....and that Bo Bunny DP is wonderful! TFS!

Shannon White said...

Oh Sooo Adorable! Love your Wonderful coloring on this Super Sweet image! Love the dp's paired with this little cutie and what a fantastic doily! just a Darling card! Love this!

Hugs
Shannon