And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Friday, September 9, 2011

Answered Prayer and a Sweet Peek

Much of our state is experiencing torrential rains and flooding and many have been evacuated.  Some of the damage has been devastating.  So my first thoughts and prayers today are for people who are having their lives turned upside down.   More rain is in the forecast until Monday...wish we could sent some of this rain to Texas!

Inspirational Nugget: I want to share a rather scary experience I had the other day, but it made me realize once again what a wonderful Lord we serve!  I was coming home from an appointment, and the down pour had let up somewhat, which was the first blessing.  I came to a road that was completely flooded...it looked like a river.  So I turned around and headed in another direction.  Again I came to a gushing river.  At this point I tried my trusty GPS, because I am severely, directionally challenged and could not find my way out of a wet paper bag, but the rain and cloud cover would not let a signal through.  I pictured myself stranded and in need of rescue!  At his point I prayed and continued to pray that the Lord would PLEASE help me find my way home!  Between blocked roads, detour signs, and I'm sure, the Lord's guidance, I finally made it.  I was never so happy to be home, dry, and safe.  This whole experience lead me to realize once again that there is a sure help in the storms of life.  After all, the one who can calm the storm, is able to keep us calm, and safely bring us through one.  The very next day, during my devotional time, I read this in Psalm 50:15;  "Call to me in time of trouble.  I will save you, and you will honor me."  How amazing is that!  The Lord did His part...I am saved and safe!  Now it is my prayer that this post and my life will bring honor to Him!

Now on to today's Sweet 'n Sassy Sweet Peek!  I am so excited to get to share a peek of this adorable new Christmas set with you.


"Christmas Puppy" will be available at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps on September 15th.  It has one image, three sentiments, and three words for building your own sentiment.  This set will sell for only $9.00 and you will definitely want to add it to your Christmas collection.


Creative Nugget:  The card base is Pure Poppy.  The next True Black panel is layered with designer papers from PTI and Cosmo Cricket.  A Summer Sunrise ribbon was tied around this panel.  This adorable image was colored with my trusty copics.  Can you guess who the model was for the coloring of the puppy?  The bells on the boot were colored with a gold Spica Glitter pen.  Glossy Accents were added to the puppy's eyes, the bells, and the holly berries.  The sentiment, which is included in this set, and pearls were added to complete the card.  I really like how this card turned out and I hope that a puppy just like this one finds himself under my Christmas tree this year!

Head on over to the SNSS Blog to check out some other awesome samples of this set created by the talented design team.  The full release party will take place on the Sweet 'n Sassy forum over at SCS at 8:00 on September 15th.  Hope you can join us!

Thanks for stopping by!  Drop in again tomorrow for the new Sweet Stop sketch.

Hugs,
Cathymac

Card Recipe
Stamps: Christmas Puppy (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)
Paper: Cryogen White, Pure Poppy, True Black, Holiday Vintage Prints DP (PTI), Cosmo Cricket DP
Accessories: Square Nesties (Spellbinders), Modern Label Punch, Piercing Tool (SU!),Summer Sunrise Ribbon (PTI), Kaiser Pearls, Glossy Accents (Ranger), Spica Glitter Pen, Copic Markers YR24, YR31, E40, E42, E43, E97, R29, R59, YG21, YG95, YG97, BG0000, C2, C3, C5, C7, C9

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh, Cathy, I am so glad the Lord answered your prayers and brought you home safely. I was out & about in that too but blessedly, I only had to go through about 6" of water at the bottom of my driveway....it was rushing like a RIVER. He is good, isn't He? Your little pup is adorable--never too early to start on Christmas cards!

Mary Marsh said...

I was really touched by your story and how the Lord rescued you Cathy-God is good all the time!!!!

your card today is really pretty-i love this sweet puppy and your fantastic coloring

Monika/Buzsy said...

Cathy, what a sweet holiday card. That image is just precious! Fabulous coloring! Just perfect.

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful colors on this Cathy! and your coloring is just gorgeous! this puppy is just too cute!

thanks for sharing your story too...

Neva said...

AWE Cathy, how fabulous this is, love your coloring