And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Friday, March 21, 2014

Taking a Look Back at ODBD March 2014 Release

Hello friends!  Today we are taking a look back at Our Daily Bread Designs March Release.  I've been having a lot of fun with the new stamps released this month.  For my sample today, I used the Bee Happy and Honeycomb Mini stamps along with the Daisy Chain Die.

Creative Nugget:  The main panel of this Modified Tri-Shutter card was stamped with the beehive image from the Bee Happy stamp set and colored with Copic Markers.  The Honeycomb Mini was stamped in each corner using distress ink.  The panel was stitched to More Mustard card stock and several bees were cut with the Zinnia & Leaves Dies and added.

Here is the card opened up:

The panels of the card were covered with Vintage Cream card stock and designer paper from the Blooming Garden Paper Collection.  The side panels looked a little plain to me, so I colored some modeling paste with distress ink and used the Daisy Chain Die as a stencil to give them some texture.  The Fancy Foliage Die was added along with several more bees and some pearls to finish the card.

Several items available from the 
Our Daily Bread Designs Store 
were used to make this card.

For more beautiful inspiration using the March Release, be sure to visit the ODBD Blog!  To see the details for each card be sure to visit my talented Design Team Sisters...their blog links are listed below for your convenience!

Chris * Grace * Sandee * Stacy * Julie * Dawn 

Thanks so much for stopping by...Enjoy browsing the gorgeous projects!

Hugs,
Cathymac

8 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Cathy, I just LOVE your tri-fold shutter card! Never tried one but will Pin and see one day!! It's gorgeous with the wonderful bee hive and bees a-flying about! And when it's opened, it reveals the beautiful fancy foliage dies! What a delight, sweet friend! Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Cathy!! I just love your tri-fold design!! I love your rich coloring of the beehive and your use of dies!! Stunning work as always my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

How wonderful, Cathy! Your trishutter is fabulous and I love all the stitched panels. Almost makes me want to get out my sewing machine, lol.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Cathy this is beautiful! I have never done a tri shutter card but one day! This is such a happy sunny card!

Grace said...

Oh Cathy this is gorgeous, as is everything you create!!! I love this card layout... I must try it some time! Love your details... the stitching and beautiful florishes, and your scene is so beautifully colored!!! Just love it my friend!
hugs,
Grace

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, wonderful fold and tied with the ribbon is nice. Wonderful card.

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this trifold card is absolutely stunning! Your perfect stitching always makes me want to toss my old machine in the trash.:-)

Kelley said...

Beautiful, Cathy!! As always, such wonderful attention to detail!!