And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Winter Chill

Hello sweet friends!  This will be my last post for The Sweet Stop, as after this week's sketch, The Sweet Stop will be closing it's doors.  I hope you have enjoyed participating in the weekly sketches as much as I have...this venue of weekly inspiration and the chance to work with a wonderfully supportive and talented team of designers will be greatly missed!

Temperatures in our neck of the woods plunged to freezing last night, so the furnace was finally turned on and blankets piled on the beds to provide the heat needed to stay warm and cozy.  Another source of warmth comes from the love of family and friends as the Irish Blessing on my card sample for this week states.


Creative Nugget:  The darling image on my card is from the Winter Silhouettes stamp set designed by Dina Kowal and available at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  It is framed on a Spellbinders Marvelous Squares Die and mounted to some old Cosmo Cricket patterned paper found in my scrap stash.  The corner was torn, making room for the sentiment.  The faintly stamped snowflakes and the pretty snowflake die tied onto the card with seam binding are peeks at some fabulous new items that will be coming soon to Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.

Please take time to visit the other Sugar Babies for some beautiful inspiration for this week's sketch at The Sweet Stop.  We hope you will be able to join us for one more challenge, SSS234.  Let's fill this week's gallery with many gorgeous creations!


Sugar Babies

Ann Tuck
Ceal Pritchett
Cindy Olheiser
Debbie Owens
Jamie Moore
Marlena Peduzzi
Melissa Schultz
Monika Davis
Robin Parker
                                     Stephanie Serrano

Thanks so much for stopping by and for supporting The Sweet Stop challenges!  May the ultimate source of love, Jesus Christ, light your day and warm your heart and home!

Hugs,
Cathymac

Card Recipe
Stamps: Winter Silhouettes (SNSS)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Tumbled Glass Distress Ink (Ranger)
Paper: Solar Crest (Neenah), True Black (PTI), Cosmo Cricket DP
Accessories: Marvelous Squares Dies (Spellbinders), Canvas Impression Plate (PTI), Star Dust Stickles (Ranger), Kaiser Pearls, Seam Binding

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is lovely, Cathy...so sorry to hear the challenge is closing down, I've loved seeing all the lovely things you've made with it! Keep warm this weekend! My furnace is running full force unfortunately!

Cards By Jan said...

Hi Cathy...love these two kids, having such a good time on the ice, on a winters day, like I use to do years ago, except my skates didn`t have a curled toe...so I guess I`m not that old....lol

Beautiful card!!
Hugs Jan

Ann said...

Thank you Cathy for your encouragement to me for the short time I have been on the Sugar Babies team! I have enjoyed your sketches every week, and the feeling of being part of a team, so geographically scattered as we all are! I do hope we can keep the connection through our blogs and the Sweet 'n Sassy design team blog - I'll be keeping an eye out for your beautiful creations! Hugs and very best wishes, Ann

Conniecrafter said...

Sweet image, love the framing of it and the pretty snowflake with the ribbon, I love the look of the torn paper showing the sentiment but keep forgetting to use it in my card making

Indy's Designs said...

Cathy,
As always, this is fabulous! Hopefully those colder temps will stay away from my neck-of-the-woods for a little longer! I've loved working with you and will continue following your SNSS DT work! Hugs, Debbie

Cynthia said...

This is lovely, Cathy! I appreciate all of your hard work providing our sketches each week. Sketch challenges are my absolute favorite! I know we will bump into one another on SCS and through Sweet 'n Sassy.

Robin Parker said...

Cathy, this is so pretty, love the skating scene. Great working with you on this fabulous challenge, good luck!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Cathy. The black silhouette image and the black decorative panel look wonderful against the pretty paper. The slowflake is the perfect embellishment.

Stephanie said...

Cathy,

This card is beautiful! I will miss being on this team of wonderful ladies. I am sure we will see each other in blog land. Be well!

Unknown said...

This card is so, so pretty! I love the silhouette image and the pretty frame! I've enjoyed our time as teammates and will be sure to come and visit.