And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Monday, October 7, 2013

Happy Birthday, Kelley!

Hello friends!  I am so excited to be posting a special birthday wish for Kelley, owner of Our Daily Bread Designs! Kelley is always so faithful to wish everyone on her team a happy Birthday...now the Breadsticks have decided to honor her with a special Birthday Blog Hop!  We hope you'll join us in wishing Kelley a Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear, Kelley!
Happy Birthday to you!

Hope your day is full of sweet blessings, Kelley, and may you enjoy health, happiness, and many more years to bring glory to our Lord through Our Daily Bread Designs!

Here is a card just for you!
I made sure to include pink...
{{{Hugs}}}!
Creative Nugget:  This card is my first attempt at using Gelatos...and needless to say, I still have a lot to learn about this medium!  The Vine Background stamp was clear embossed on Vintage Cream card stock.  Gelatos were colored over the embossing and blended down into the areas that were not embossed. A baby wipe was used to wipe off the extra color from the embossing.  The same colored Gelatos were used to color another piece of card stock.  These colors were also blended with my finger, and the Birthday Chalkboard was stamped over the colors with Jet Black Archival Ink.  Decorative Corner Dies, Fancy Foliage Dies, dyed seam binding, and a mulberry rose finish the card.

To continue on your way, just click on the link list below!  Be sure to leave a comment on each blog along the way, and leave a special birthday wish for Kelley on the ODBD Blog! Thanks so much for joining us!

Once again...
Happy Birthday Kelley!
Hugs,
Cathymac

13 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

OOOOOOH!!!! I LOVE this!!! So cool and so gorgeous at the same time!!! Fabulous work!! Kelley will love it!

Dawn said...

a beauty, Cathy! love the colors

Grace said...

Ooooh so pretty Cathy! I love the color combo and the layout... and your beautiful stitching! Love all the dies and how you colored the chalkboard! Wowza! Kelley will love it!

Sparkly Engineer said...

This card is gorgeous. I would never guess that you hadn't used gelatos before

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

I think Kelley will also think this is a winner, Cathy. I have used gelatos a little and really love their look. I think you did an amazing job on this card with all the amazing techniques, dies and coloring.

Saints Rule! said...

Love, love, love... Did I mention I love this???? Awesome design Cathy! {[hugs}}

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oooo...such a beautiful gradiation of colors Cathy!! Gorgeous card!

JD/ Jill said...

So beautifully done!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Cathy!! I just love your different colors on the chalkboard and your layout!!
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

Love the techniques you used. Thanks for sharing!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, the coloring you did is just too cool, lovely design and textures!!

Carol L said...

Fabulous creation! OH my, those colors are incredible, and the layering and design is pure eye candy! Way to celebrate!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh wow Cathy I love how you did this!!! Gorgeous! And I know Kelley loves it too!