And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Share Kindness

Happy Saturday sketch lovin' friends!  It's time for another sketch at The Sweet Stop.  I must admit...I feel like I've been stamping non-stop for two days...my sample for today was finished at 2:00 Friday morning!  It's very different from my usual style, but I needed a break from creating fall cards...as much as I love the colors and textures of fall...so, you'll have to let me know what you think!  Now if it's fall inspiration you want, just scroll back to yesterday's post and hop through Sweet 'n Sassy's Fall Frenzy Blog Hop...you'll be glad you did.  The Design Divas really outdid themselves!

Here's my sample for this week's sketch:


Creative Nugget:  No Copic coloring on this one...Gasp!  I started with a piece of Neenah Solar White card stock the same size as the card base.  A piece of Yours Truly DP by Echo Park was mounted onto this, and then the Cheery Lynn Lattice die was stitched on top of that.  A pink ribbon was then tied on this panel and everything mounted onto the card base.  Two of the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish dies were glued diagonally across a coordinating piece of DP.  A few Kindness Flower Dies that match the Kindness Clear Stamp Set were cut in different sizes from a variety of matching DP and True Black card stock, and the flowers stamped on with Versafine Onyx Black ink.  The flowers were layered and a stylus was used to curl the petals for some dimension.  The flowers were then popped onto the flourishes.  I hand cut around the flourishes and the flowers to make the diagonal panel.  A little cheesecloth (thanks Monika) was tucked behind this panel before adhering it to the card.  Some pearls and the sentiment were added to finish the card.  I wasn't sure I liked this one, but I think it's starting to grow on me!  LOL!



Uh Oh...I just now realized I totally forgot the spin for this week.  I can't believe I did that!  LOL!  Just make sure your SSS176 submission at The Sweet Stop has a fall theme and you will be eligible for a prize at the Sweet 'n Sassy Store!  Be sure to check out the wonderful "Fall" projects by the other Sugar Babies!


Sugar Babies

    Monika Davis
     Janice Melton
      Shannon White
       Chrissy Dickinson

Thanks so much for stopping by...Have a blessed weekend!

Card Recipe
Stamps: Kindness (SNSS)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Walnut Stain and Spun Sugar Distress Inks (Ranger)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White (SNSS), True Black (PTI), Truly Yours DP (Echo Park)
Accessories: Fanciful Flourish Die, Lattice Die (Cheery Lynn), Kindness Flower Die Set (SNSS), Sew Mini (Janome), Ribbon (PTI), Kaiser Pearls, Cheesecloth


8 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is GORGEOUS! Love that background and your colors! Regardless of this not being your normal fall card - I would still LOVE it if I got it this fall! :) have a blessed day!

Cynthia said...

Your card is gorgeous, Cathy! If I could only count the times that I've completed a challenge card only to learn I left something out. LOL!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Who cares about fall colors when they see a beauty like this? The flowers are so pretty Cathy, and I love the partial lattice background. What a great design!

Shannon White said...

Wowie Miss Cathy! Talk about a Gorgeous creation! Your flowers are fabulous and Love the Pretty color combo and Wonderful BG too! Just Soo Beautiful! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Shelby Goolsby said...

Wow this is stunning!! I just love pink and black if you haven't noticed:)All of the beautiful flowers and layers are just gorgeous. I am going to miss you but I will still be visiting often:)

Anonymous said...

Your card is whimsical and pretty all at the same time. Beautiful!

Janice M said...

Cathy this is Gorgeous!! Just LOVE how you used all those flowers with this sketch. Hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. It is so pretty. Hope you don't mind but i pinned it on pinterest! Hey i am having a giving on my page. you should check it out.
Scrapbrat07.blogspot.com