And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Grads

My husband and I were invited to a double graduation party on Sunday...the brother had graduated from high school and the sister from college.  That means I had two cards to make so I turned to the featured stamper challenge at Splitcoaststampers.

Inspirational Nugget:  Having recently retired from teaching after thirty-five years, I got to thinking how much these two graduating, young adults and I have in common.  All three of us are embarking on a new phase in our lives...leaving the comfortable past and pressing on to new endeavors.  All three are trusting that the Lord will lead and guide us so that our future years will be as enriched and rewarding as the years we are leaving behind.  Listen to these encouraging words from the Bible.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:6)  "For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)  Maybe you are in the same position, and your life is changing for one reason or another.  Fear not...trust the Lord and enjoy the ride.

Creative Nugget:  Mary Brown, Stamper Camper on SCS, is the featured stamper this week.  Just take a look at her awesome gallery.  Her Fabulous Florets  inspired this card.  I kept the layout the same, but changed the stamps and the colors. The grad's school colors were navy and white so I went with that color palette.  I have a button where the beautiful bow is and changed the placement of the sentiment. The image was colored with Copic Markers.  The dew drops were also colored with a Copic Marker.

Card Recipe
Stamps: Mixed Messages (PTI), Digital Image(Sassy Cheryl's)
Ink: Night of Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Soft Sky
Paper: Pure Luxury White (Gina K), Night of Navy, (SU!), Pattern Pack 2 (Retired SU!)
Accessories: Copic Markers E000, E00, E11, E31, E35, E42, YR20, R20, B32, B34, B37, B39, YG03, YG13, YG17, N1, 0, Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Stars Embossing Folder (Provo Craft), Baker's Twine and Button (PTI), Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest)

My second card was inspired by Mary's Love & Care
I kept the layout the same and changed the stamps and the colors. I didn't know the grad's school colors, so I went totally girly for this one.  I used a paper strip instead of ribbon and added a ribbon knot and pearls.  Wa-La...two grad cards done!  Thanks, Mary!  Enjoy your day...thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Cathymac

Card Recipe
Stamps: Tag-Its #4, Round & Round (PTI)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Raspberry Fizz (PTI)
Paper: Pure Luxury (Gina K), Pure Black (PTI), Cosmo Cricket DP
Accessories: Tag Die (PTI), Circle Punch (SU!), Ribbon (PTI), Kaiser Pearls

No comments: