And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Friday, November 22, 2013

Taking a Look Back at the ODBD November Release


Hello friends!  Today Our Daily Bread Designs is taking a look back at the November 2013 Release.  Here is a card made using The Earth and Earth Verses, two of the new sets released earlier this month:

Creative Nugget:  In a world that seems to be spiraling out of control, where what is right is criticized and what is wrong is exalted, I love this verse that reminds us that we are to be the salt of the earth...to impact our world in a positive way.   The verse reminded me of the Salted Technique which was used for the background.  The Fishing Net Background was clear embossed on a piece of Multi Media paper.  Water was spritzed on the panel and Distress Reinkers were applied with a paint brush.  Course salt was then sprinkled on and spritzed again.  This was dried with a heat tool and the salt rubbed off with a paper towel.  I love the variations this technique achieved.  The Earth was stamped over another piece of salted background made without the embossed Fishing Net and cut with the ODBD Custom Circle Ornament Dies. The sentiment from the Earth Verses set was stamped on a piece of Solar Crest card stock and texture was added with an impression plate.  The background, designer paper, and the sentiment panel were stitched to True Black card stock, mounted onto Ocean Tides, and attached to a Solar Crest card base.  The Earth was mounted on the front of the card with foam tape.  A bit of Antique Border made with a scrap of the background paper was added along with some pearls and a twine bow to finish the card.


Here are the ODBD supplies used to create this card: 


Here is another card using the Poinsettia Wreath stamp set and the matching Poinsettia Wreath Dies.  I have been having so much fun with the little poinsettia from this set...it is the perfect accent for Christmas cards.



This card was used for the sketch challenge on SCS this week and will also be entered into the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Challenge (ODBDSLC179) which was to make a holiday card (Thanksgiving or Christmas)...perfect for this time of year!

For more inspiration using the November Release be sure to visit the ODBD Blog.

Here are the links to my sweet, talented Sister Sticks:

Grace * Julie * Angie * Dawn * Chris * Sabrina  
Sandee * Lori



Thank you so much for stopping by today...
hope you've been inspired by your visit!  Have a wonderful day!


Hugs,
Cathymac

7 comments:

Grace said...

Cathy you ALWAYS blow me away with your creations!!! Your salt technique was just perfect for your first card! Love the colors and the fishnet bg... and you are so right about the verse too!!!

Your second card is soooo elegant!!! I just LOVE it!!! The layout and texture is perfect, and the gold and white really pops that red poinsettia!!! Gorgeous my friend!!!

hugs,
Grace

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, Cathy, two absolutely breathtaking cards, my friend! Love that unique technique on your first card and the elegance of the second one, well, just beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Oh my, Cathy! These are both gorgeous! I love your salted bg w/ the fishnet and the colors are my faves. Your little poinsettia is just lovely.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Cathy! These are both gorgeous! I absolutely love the first one with the salt technique for the background…definitely have to check that out. And the second card is so elegant with the white and gold and touch of red! I agree with Grace…you continue to amaze and delight us! Hugs, precious friend!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Cathy, both of your cards are so amazing! The colors and salted background really drew me in on the first, but there are so many awesome details to drool over....such a masterpiece! The second is so elegant and lovely.....fabulous design!! HUGS!!!

Dawn said...

Ok...to use the Salted technique along with the verse is pure genius and I love how it turned out! Beautiful colors and awesome with the Fishing Net BG!

Your second card is beyond stunning! wow..just gorgeous...sigh

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am so sorry I did not stop earlier!! I have been busy with a craft show that my husband had a booth for. I am exhausted.

Anywho....your creations are always so over the top gorgeous my friend!! I just love your creativity and talent with your stunning layouts!! I am in awe!! Your globe card is so beautiful with your colors, the netting background and your use of dies!! Your poinsettia card...where do I even begin. Stunning in every way!! Wow!!

hugs,
Chris