And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Sunday, December 1, 2013

ODBD December Release

Hello friends!  Can you believe it's December already?  It is...and it's time for a new release by Our Daily Bread Designs.  I LOVE stamp sets that are versatile and can be used year round!  The December release by Our Daily Bread Designs fits that bill perfectly!   One stamp set, two sentiment sets, a background, and matching dies all coordinate to make creating cards for any occasion, from elegant to clean and simple, a breeze!  Just visit all of the designers' blogs for a sampling of the many ways these gorgeous stamp sets can be used.

Three winners will be randomly chosen from one of the designers' blog comments to receive a $25 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps.  You have until December 2, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. EST to make your comments!  The winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on December 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you won!


Creative Nugget:  Elements from the stamp sets were simply stamped in black on Vintage Cream card stock, cut with the coordinating dies, and layered to create this simple but elegant card.
Here is the second one:
Creative Nugget:  Two panels were made by clear embossing the Ornate Background on Mixed Media paper.  The paper was spritzed with water and distress inks were added with a paint brush.  Course salt was sprinkled on and both panels were dried with a heat tool.  The salt was rubbed off with a paper towel creating a soft, subtle design.  Spellbinders Curved Borders Two Dies were cut and embossed on an angle to  make the border. Some seam binding was threaded through a hole punched in the little flower to make the corner accent.  Fancy Foliage flourishes and a few pearls finish the card.


My third sample is just a quick, clean and simple card using the Ornate Borders and Flowers, Ornate Border Sentiments, and the Ornate Borders and Flowers Die.
Creative Nugget:  To get the variation of color on the flowers, they were stamped with a Kaleidacolor ink pad.


Here are the products now available from the 
Our Daily Bread Designs Store used to make my samples:



To see all the gorgeous samples created with these beautiful stamp sets and dies in one place go to the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog...and be sure to leave a comment on my talented Sister Sticks' Blogs to be eligible to win the fabulous prize!


Dawn * Grace * Cathy (me) * Lisa * Sabrina * Julie  
Chris * Audrey * Angie * Silke * Tosh *Lori * Sandee


Thanks so much for stopping by...have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Cathymac

36 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Cathy, your samples are amazing!!! Love the elegant black and white, I just about fell out of my chair when I saw the 2nd...what a fabulous design, and love the colorful ornate flowers on the 3rd! HUGS!!!

Amanda R said...

Your cards are all so different but beautiful in their own way. Love the black and white for the drama.

Karen W said...

They are all wonderful but I totally love the pink one, that border is fantastic and I love these new stamps!

Robin said...

Your work is breathtaking. Such gorgeous details. Love Our Daily Bread Designs!

Kathy S said...

The design team quality for ODBD is just amazing. I love your background and the result. Fantastic.

Unknown said...

Oh Cathy, they're all beautiful, but my fave is the second one, love the curved border....thank you for such beautiful cards.

Chana Malkah said...

You have a flair for the dramatic! Love all three and that curved border is just awesome! Lovely papers. I love the technique you described and I will have to try that! Beautifully Crafted. Thanks for sharing!
Hugz,
Chana

Patty said...

Wowzer!! Three totally different cards...all beautiful!! My second one is my most favorite..that background is amazing, and that border is so gorgeous!! I'm going to have to ask for that border die for Christmas!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

All three are beautiful, Cathy! Love the colors and fab techniques. Beautiful cards!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your cards are so stunning Cathy!! I just love each and everyone with their classy yet elegant styles. My fave is the one with the pink and green ornate background and your curvy border. GORGEOUS!! Your creations are always an inspiration!!
hugs,
Chris

CherylQuilts said...

Cathy, your creations are amazing indeed! And you've also shown the versatility of this wonderful release! I just love the richness of the black and white card, the delicate feel to the pink card with the sweet flower and die! And the card with the flowers using the die is another beauty! I love them in! You are amazing and such a precious friend! Hugs!

Rose said...

What lovely cards! I love the way you used the curved border on the second card. I have wanted this border for awhile, now I know I have to get it.

Audrey Hiltke said...

Cathy - I always enjoy your amazing creations. They are all beautiful, and like Chris my favorite is the Happy Birthday card. Exquisitely done!! Hugs and Blessing,
Audrey

Pati said...

Pretty cards! Lovely colors & technique and cool use of the curved border die on your second card, my fav!

Grace said...

Cathy you never fail to amaze me!!!! Seriously you blow me away! I love the elegance of the black and cream card, the gorgeous pastel effects you achieved with your salted technique (I HAVE to try that... need mixed media paper!)... and your varied colors on your CAS card are just beautiful!!! Gorgeous samples Cathy!!!!

Julie S. said...

Awesome. I love the creativity & effect of the Birthday card, the elegance of the first, & the simplicity of the get well card. They're all stunning!

Amazingly Blessed said...

Such amazing cards love them all especially the pink one as so many in my family love pink. So inpsiring
Thank you

Cards By Jan said...

Hi Cathy...wow...what beautiful cards...they sure show what one can do with these new sets...Just awesome, and already will be on my hope list.....
Blessings

Clovey1150 said...

Cathy I love checking your blot for inspiration. I'M NEVER DISAPPOINTED! Lovely cards.

Sue D said...

Very elegant cards and the colors on the third one.

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful Cathy! I love all three but I must say that black and white gem is absolutely striking!

Polly said...

What gorgeous samples! I really like the black and white one!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards. I especially like the pink one. The background stamp is going to have a lot of uses. Very creative.

TLady said...

OH CATHY!!!!!!!! YOU FEATURED THE BACKGROUND STAMP, SOOOOO WELL!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your techniques!!!!! GORGEOUS WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) I am ESPECIALLY SMITTEN with your second card---pink just does me in!!!!!!:) FABULOUS WORK!!!!!!!!:)

Brenda Woods said...

These cards are beautiful. Each of you have given this month's release such beautiful character.
Thanks for sharing and the inspiration.

Jean Bullock said...

Beautiful cards. My favorite is the second. the Pink with just that little touch of black is very effective.

Donna said...

Great cards love the third one great colors

Marilyn Mathis said...

Love the black on vintage cream. Black makes it look so elegant. All of the cards are beautiful. Thanks.

Sherry said...

WOW!! love the black and white one!! so elegant!! the other one is beautiful too!

Linda Carson said...

Love the background stamp! You've showcased it to the hilt! Awesome artwork!

Kristy Tyra said...

Wow, these are beautiful! I especially like the second card.

Dawn said...

love, love, love how you showcased the background stamp! your sencond card is to die for! beautiful samples, Cathy!!!

Lucy E. said...

These are so lovely! I love the last card! So clean and simple, yet beautiful!

Shelia said...

What beautiful cards! Love the use of the dies!

Christine said...

Your cards are stunning...I especially like the curved edge on the second one. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, Cathy, you have outdone yourself once again! What absolutely gorgeous cards, so very beautiful....all three of them! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina