And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Babies Are a Blessing

As you read this, I'll be heading back from another glorious week at the beach!  Even so...it is Saturday, and time for another fabulous sketch at The Sweet Stop!  Korin always has the most amazing sketches and this one is no exception...I know you will enjoy working with it!


Inspirational Nugget:  One of the ladies who helps me with my Cherubs class at church on Wednesday evenings is very excited about her new grandson, so I used this week's Sweet Stop sketch to make a baby card for her.  Not having been able to have children of my own, I'm always thrilled to hear how others have been blessed with the birth of a new little one!  Children really are a  blessing, and what an awesome responsibility it is to raise them in the love and admonition of the Lord.  Having been a teacher for thirty-five years, it just breaks my heart to see children neglected.  When I looked the word "children" up in my Concordance, I was amazed by the hundreds (too many to count), of scripture references there were.  "Train up a child in the way he should go,  Even when he is old he will not depart from it."  (Proverbs 22:6)  "Fathers, do not exasperate your children, that they may not lose heart."  (Colossians 3:21)  "Behold, children are a gift of the Lord;  The fruit of the womb is a reward.  How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;"  (Psalms 127:3, 5)  Take time to enjoy your children today...and give them a hug from me!  Now...on to my card.

Creative Nugget:  I just love all of the adorable Rhubarb images, but used this baby Rhubarb digi  from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps for my card.  The onesie is from a PTI set called "Bitty Baby Blessings."  Both images were colored with Copic Markers.  One of the little sailboats was punched from the Echo Park DP and added to the front of the onesie.  I used my Sew Mini to add stitching to the panels and the scallop border punch gives the illusion  of waves for the sailboats on the DP.  The sentiment is from another Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set called "Little One."  One of the things I love about Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps are the many wonderful verses that come with each set!  Now check out what the other Sugar Babies have done with SSS119 and come join the fun!

The Sugar Babies

Thanks for stopping by...if you like what you see, let me know.  Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Hugs,
Cathmac 

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Baby Rhubarb Digi, Little One (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps), Bitty Baby Blessings (PTI)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger) 
Paper:  Pure Luxury White (Gina K), Enchanted Evening, Aqua Mist, Pure Poppy (PTI), Little Boy DP (Echo Park) 
Accessories: Square and Oval Nesties (Spellbinders),  Scallop Border Punch (SU!), Sew Mini (Janome), Twill Ribbon (PTI), Kaiser Pearls colored with Copic Marker, Copic Markers R20, R22, R29, BG0000, BG000, BG13, E42, E43, E44, E47, YG67

 

6 comments:

Shannon White said...

Miss Cathy, this is soo Darling! Love how you worked this weeks sketch! I just know your friend will be thrilled to receive your card, Anyone would be. Love the perfect dp's and your wonderful coloring on you images.. Just A really Adorable Card! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh Cathy this is just so precious!! I love your sweet little touches like the sailboat on the onesie and the stitching. I know your friend is going to LOVE it!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Wendy

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet baby card Cathy. Love cute Rhubarb and your coloring. The paper is perfect. Great job with the sketch. It wasn't easy this week. :o)

Janice M said...

Cathy this is just the sweetest baby card! Your friend is sure to love it. Rhubabrb is too cute!!

Jennipher said...

love it Cathy! Love how you paired the onesie with the Rhubarb Block image. I always forget about other stamps I have when creating.

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful card Cathy! I love the teddy bear. ;)