And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Friday, November 1, 2013

ODBD November Release

Hello Friends!  Welcome to the Our Daily Bread Designs November Release! Five stamp sets, three mini backgrounds, and two new die sets perfect for your Christmas card making are being released today!  You can see all of the wonderful samples created by the talented design team with this month's new release on the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog. One winner will be randomly chosen from one of the designers blog comments to receive a $50 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store to be used toward the purchase of ODBD stamps.  You have until November 2, 2013 at 9:00 p.m. EST to make your comments!  The winner will be posted on the ODBD Blog on November 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you won!

I have two samples to share with you today.  My first sample uses The Earth stamp set.  Not only can this set be used for Christmas, depending on the sentiment and colors used, but as used here, an expression of appreciation.



Creative Nugget:  I decided to make a Floating Spinner card so the earth could spin to reveal The Earth image on one side and a sentiment from the set on the other. The front of the card and the inside are decorated with Authentique papers, a scallop punched border, ribbon, and pearls.  The directions for the card can be found on the Fancy Folds & Motion Paper Crafts CD by Technique Junkies.


This photo shows the other side of the spinner.


And this photo shows the spinning mechanism a little better.

For my second sample, I used the new Poinsettia Wreath stamp set and some of the gorgeous new Christmas Paper Collection 2013 papers.



Creative Nugget:  The front of the card uses some of the beautiful papers from the Christmas Paper Collection 2013 arranged in a quilt pattern.  The papers were stitched to Rustic White card stock and mounted to a Cranberry Crisp card base.  Pearls were placed around the central panel to add a bit of elegance to the card. My intension was to use the Poinsettia Wreath in the center of the card, but it covered up too much of the pretty quilt pattern, so I settled for the small poinsettia which was also part of the set. The little poinsettia was cut with the matching Poinsettia Die, colored with Copic Markers, and popped onto a bow made from Bakers Twine.  Seed beads were colored with a Copic Marker and glued to the center of the flower, and the sentiment, on a tag cut with the Recipe Card & Tags Die, was sponged and attached to finish the card. 


Here are the stamps and dies from the 
Our Daily Bread Designs Store used to create my samples:












Be sure to check out the other fabulous samples created by the talented Breadstick Design Team and leave a comment to be eligible for the PRIZE!  The links to their blogs can be found below for your convenience.


Dawn * Grace * Sandee * Lisa * Chris * Angie * Julie * Silke * Cathy  *Lori * Tosha * Sabrina * Audrey

Have a wonderful first day of November!

Hugs,
Cathymac

Materials Used
Stamps: The Earth, Poinsettia Wreath (ODBD)
Inks: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versafine Onyx Black, (Tsukineko), Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans, Broken China Distress Inks (Ranger)
Paper: Rustic White, True Black, Cranberry Crisp, Christmas Collection 2013 (ODBD), Authentique DP
Accessories: Poinsettia Die, Recipe Card & Tags Die (ODBD), SB Circle Nesties, Sewing Machine, Kaiser Pearls, Ribbon, Bakers Twine, Jute, Fancy Folds & Motion Paper Crafts CD, Designer Paper Perfection CD (Technique Junkies), Copic Markers

35 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Love them both so much, Cathy! The spinner card is sooooo cool and so gorgeous and the quilt pattern of the 2nd is super creative and beautiful!! Way to go, GF!!! HUGS!!

Dawn said...

Clever you with the spinner card! Both are wonderful samples... I just want to snuggle up in that cozy quilt!

Sabrina said...

Such beautiful cards!!!

Tkat said...

love love love! that spinner card is pure perfection!

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards--I really like the spinner card with the world.

kathi17 said...

I love that spinner card Cathy, the layout and colors are beautiful, and the technique is really neat!

I love the quilt one too, with all the stitching and pretty pearls!

Conniecrafter said...

Very cool, just love your spinner card and how you put the sentiment on the other side, great design, your quilted card is just lovely and like the flower center w/tag!

Iris said...

Awesome cards - I especially like the spinner card - great color combo.
isoscia at aol dot com

Sherry said...

wow, so pretty!!! love both cards!! love the spinner! and I love the way you "quilted" the second one! that is gorgeous!! love the new stamps!

Marsha said...

What a fantastic idea with the spinner card. Loving these new sets and papers. Beautiful work.

Unknown said...

Spinner card, hmmmm that is something to think about. thanks for sharing your creation with us

Bernadette RS said...

The spinner card is so creative! I love the deep colors in it! Walnut stain ink is beautiful. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

These are both fabulous! I love the spinning globe. The quilt card is amazing. I think I'll try my hand at duplicating it. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Cathy - what a set of STUNNING creations!! I fell in love with your Earth card the second I saw it - I have no idea how to make this but you've definitely inspired me to check it out. And your quilt card is just breathtaking!
Hugs to you my friend!!

Patty said...

Both very pretty cards!! I especially love the colors on your earth card!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Both of your cards are stunning Cathy!! I adore your spinner design and your combo of papers on the first but the second with the patched design displaying the paper and your gorgeous stitching takes my breath away!!
hugs,
Chris

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What creative cards! LOVE...seriously LOVE your spinner card! What a wonderful idea!! And your quilt is just so charming!

Pati said...

Creative! A spinner so the earth can turn! :) Cool card!

Jean Bullock said...

Both cards are wonderful but the spinner card amazes me. How cool!

Unknown said...

what blessing that you arent ashame to share god word on the blog and thur the cards you make i so blessed to have found your blog and the other blogs that i been hopping arould on , but i love to share god word in my cards when i can .

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are beautiful, Cathy! Love the spinner...so perfect w/ these images and your quilt is fabulous.

Unknown said...

Love these cards because they are so different and stunning. I really like the spinner card.

VeronicaA said...

I really like your cards. The first one truly stands out because of the earth tones. Wonderful creations.

Karen W said...

Both are great but you should do a video on the spinner, that is fantastic!!

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE the spinning globe! What a great way to use that stamp, and that bow is so perfect!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Loved how you used a spinner card for these stamps

Heather said...

Ooooo . . . that floating spinner card is awesome!!! such a great technique. I have never tried it before, but this inspires me. Love the layout and the patterns on it, too.

Silke Ledlow said...

Cathy, these are two very clever and creative designs! Love them both!

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, Cathy, my friend, your cards are absolutely gorgeous and so creative! I yet have to make a spinner card, but you have just given me that extra kick! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely cards Cathy. Especially love the first one with the turning globe. What a clever idea! That poinsettia is beautiful on the second card.

Kelley said...

Cathy, I just love that earth spinner card!! So clever!!! What a fab idea! Your quilt card is super cure too!

Lucy E. said...

Both cards are fantastic! I love that spinner card!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards Cathy, love the spinner card and the use of the papers to create a quilt background!

Saints Rule! said...

Both are amazing but my favorite must be the spinner card. I love anything in motion. They scare me but I love them! I think you have challenged me!

Grace said...

Oh goodness Cathy... I love these!!! Your spinner card is over the top clever!!! I just love the layout of that one as well.... and your quilt card gives me the warm fuzzies! LOVE the design on that and the pretty colors!!!
hugs,
Grace