And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Good Bye Summer…Hello Fall!

Hello blogger friends!  I have two cards to share with you today using stamps and supplies from the Our Daily Bread Designs Store.  One bids a good bye to summer, and the other welcomes fall!

Creative Nugget:  I love going to the beach, so naturally I loved the August release by Our Daily Bread Designs.  The Graphic 45 papers are perfect for this Life guard chair from the My Lifeguard stamp set. A combination of sponging and Copic Markers was used to color the main panel.  The sentiment, from the Ocean Treasures stamp set, was stamped onto a hand cut banner.  A piece of burlap and a small shell add texture and interest to the card while the ribbon and pearls add the finishing touches!

Creative Nugget: This card was created as a sample for the Ways to Use It Challenge on Splitcoaststampers since I am today's host.  Dylusions sprays and water spritzes were used to create two mixed media panels.  The Leaf Background was masked and stamped onto both panels.  One was used for the card front, and the other was used for the fussy cut leaves.  The cut leaves were also spritzed with Perfect Pearls Mist so they shimmer IRL.  The squirrel image from the Thankful Song stamp set was colored with Copic markers and placed behind the window-like frame.  The design of the card is from Seize the Sketch #27, although it's modified a little…hope that's okay!  

Although I hate to say good-bye to summer, I must say, I love the colors and cool crisp weather of fall.  I thank the Lord for giving us both seasons to enjoy!

This card is for the following challenges:
Splitcoaststampers: WT493

Thanks so much for stopping by…hope you've been inspired!
Enjoy your day!

Hugs,
Cathymac

8 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Cathy, I adore both of your projects! Love the lifeguard chair, patterned paper and the awesome sentiment in the first card. The technique you used in the second is beautiful, the colors so autumnal and the squirrel so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Sketch!

merrymstamper said...

oooh I love both cards!!! Cannot get my brain around welcoming fall yet...
Hugs :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Great cards! I love the warm colors and the pretty leaves on your fall card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Heidi Weaver said...

I am in love with that squirrel! And the colours you've used---terrific.

Chris Dring said...

Wow! Both of your cards are amazing! Love that beautiful, beach scene on the first, and the Fall colors on the second! TFS!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Wow!! Spotted this over at Seize the Sketch, Cathy- your fall colors just jump off the page. I love how you used the sketch. The fussy cut leaves are fantastic. This makes me long for cool autumn days!

sweet art designs said...

Wow...what a beautiful card. Gorgeous!
Myrna

Katie Melhus said...

What a gorgeous Fall card - that squirrel in the windows is too cute - great work! Thanks for joining us for our final challenge at Seize the Sketch!