And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Monday, July 30, 2012

Sweet Wryn

Hello stampin' friends!  Hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready to begin a new week.  I had a chance to relax at the beach last week with my family.  The weather was perfect the whole time we were there and we had a fabulous time....we ate entirely too much! The only glitch was my SIL's car broke down and had to be towed all the way back home.  We managed to pile everyone, including Kody, and ALL the luggage into my car for the trip home...what an experience!  This week promises to be just as busy with VBS and the new August release by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  So, that being said...I apologize for this late post, but I do have a sample for The Sweet Stop sketch this week.


Creative Nugget:  In my copic class, I'm learning how to color trees, so this adorable Tiddly Inks image was perfect.  I'm not sure I have the shading quite right yet, so you'll probably see this tree image popping up again down the road!  I did manage to create a little texture on the tree by dabbing on some colorless blender ink.  Sweet Treat Wryn was also colored with copics, fussy cut out, and popped up in front of the tree.  A dab of Glossy Accents was added to the ice cream.  The colored image was layered on True Black card stock and patterned paper from the Alora Collection by Bo Bunny.  All panels were attached to a Select White card front.  The corner of the main panel was curled and some flowers from the DP were cut out and added.  The sentiment is from the Summertime Rhubarb set by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and was stamped on a hand cut flag.  A few colored pearls and some Baker's twine finish the card. 

I hope you'll take some time to visit the other Sugar Babies and play along with us at The Sweet Stop!  This sketch is perfect for those large images or for creating a scene!  In either case...I can't wait to see your fabulous creations!



Sugar Babies

               Chrissy Dickinson






Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you'll have a chance to join the Sweet 'n Sassy Divas for the new August Release Blog Hop on Thursday....can't believe it's August already!


Hugs,
Cathymac


Card Recipe
Stamps:  Sweet Wryn Digi, Wryn's Tree Digi (Tiddly Inks), Summertime Rhubarb (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Ink: Computer, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Peeled Paint and Salty Ocean Distress Inks (Ranger)
Paper: Select White, True Black (PTI), Neenah Solar White (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps), Alora Collection Paper Pad (Bo Bunny)
Accessories: Canvas Impression Plate (PTI), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Pearls (Queen & Company), Baker's Twine


4 comments:

Shannon White said...

OMy Goodness Miss Cathy! this is FANTASTIC!! 8-) Wowie! What a CUTE image and your coloring is Fabulous my friend! I love your shading and detail on your Tree! It looks Amazing! and Love your Sweet Wryn too! Just a super card, Love the dp's and the fun cut flowers too! Love the whole thing!

So glad you had a Great time on vacation! And hope you have a Super week too!

Hugs
Shannon

Ginger said...

Glad to hear even with the adversity, you had a good vacation. This image is so adorable. The coloring on the tree is remarkable. I also love how you colored her hair. She makes me want an ice cream cone! You did an amazing job!

Shelby Goolsby said...

Cathy this is just adorable!! When I saw it in the gallery it just made me smile. The way you colored the tree is just fabulous, it is shaded perfectly.
Hugs, Shelby

Janice M said...

This is adorable Cathy! Love your coloring.