And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Christmas Card Throwdown

Hello friends...Happy Saturday!  I am thrilled to be guest designing for the Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge today.  The technique challenge for this week is to use heat embossing on your card...what a perfect opportunity to finish my first Christmas card for 2019!


Creative Nugget:  Splashes of Distress Oxide colors were added to a mixed media panel before embossing it with the Flourishes Folder from Divinity Designs.   VersaMark ink was applied to the Leafy Edged Border and gold embossed.  The sentiment from the Joyful Christmas Stamp/Die Duo was also gold embossed on the bottom panel.  The poinsettia from the Merry Christmas Stamp/Die Duo was embossed and cut out twice...once on mixed media paper and once on vellum.  The mixed media Poinsettia was watercolored with Zig Real Brush Markers and the vellum one was mounted over the colored one.  I love using pearls and gems as embellishments...they are so appealing to the eye and the great thing about them is that you can emboss them any color to match your project.


I hope you were inspired by my card to play along with the Christmas Card Throwdown!

This card will also be submitted for the following challenges:

Thanks so much for stopping by...have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Cathymac

9 comments:

Netta said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love it and it is a great card to showcase the new 52CCT challenge!

JD/ Jill said...

Since my favorite color is PINK! You know I loved this card! I had to save it to my pinterest....Thank you for sharing.

Conniecrafter said...

Absolutely stunning, I love the colors in the flowers!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge. Good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos

Fabiola said...

cette carte est superbe et tellement élégante Cathy, merci d’être notre guest designer cette semaine, biz

Julie said...

Beautiful card.
Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge
Julie T

AlisonC said...

This is just beautiful, I love the colours. I've never tried embossing a pearl, it sounds fiddly, but I might just have a go. Thanks for being our guest designer this week at 52CCT x

Annette said...

Beautiful flower and layers.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
Lee Holland Digis,
As You Like It Challenge.

Sharon said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge.