And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Monday, July 15, 2013

For the Lovebirds

Hello again, friends!  This is my second post, just a short one, for today so scroll down for the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps July Release Feature or click HERE.

I usually don't get a chance to play along with the Clean & Simple (CAS Challenge) over at Splitcoaststampers because of my work schedule, but my schedule has changed and so I got to play along today.  CAS is difficult for me since I love layers, but I'm trying, so be nice!  LOL!

Creative Nugget:  We were to use Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo, Primrose, and White for the colors.  I had to substitute Pretty in Pink since I didn't have the Primrose color.  The bird cage from the newly released stamp set, To the Lovebirds by Our Daily Bread Designs, was stamped in VersaMark ink on Sahara Sand paper and cut with the matching die from the Bird Cage and Banners Dies.  The doors of the birdcage were cut open using a craft knife to reveal the lovebirds inside.  The banner and sentiment from the Banner Sentiments stamp set were stamped and die cut as well.  The birdhouse image was stamped again using pretty in Pink ink on a Solar Crest panel to create a kind of shadow.  Piercing was added to this panel...not a CAS technique, but I couldn't resist, before matting it with with Sahara Sand.  An e.k. success border was punched from Melon Mambo and added to the panel along with some pretty ribbon before adhering it to a Solar Crest card base.  A few scattered gems were added to finish the card.


Here are the materials used that can be found at the 


Thanks so much for stopping by....again!  Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Cathymac

Card Recipe
Stamps: To the Lovebirds, Banner Sentiments (ODBD)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Versa Mark (Tsukineko), Spun Sugar and Pumice Stone Distress Ink (Ranger), Pretty in Pink (SU!)
Paper: Solar Crest (Neenah), Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo (SU!)
Accessories: Bird Cage and Banner Dies (ODBD), Border Punch (e.k.success), Canvas Impression Plate (PTI), Piercing Tool, Ribbon, Rhinestones

No comments: