And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness
and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

Saturday, October 20, 2012

White Christmas

Happy Saturday to you all!  I hope you've all had a wonderful week...it's the third Saturday of the month...that means it's time for a Sweet Stop Sketch With a Spin!  Be inspired this week by a movie or book, upload your creation over at The Sweet Stop, and you will be eligible to win a $15.00 gift certificate to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Store.

I must admit that I do not watch many movies or watch much TV, but every once in a while, I'll enjoy an old classic, especially as Christmas draws near.  One of these is White Christmas.  I just love the "Old Fashioned Christmas" clear stamp set just released by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (currently unavailable).  The horse drawn sleigh reminds me of a scene in the movie White Christmas, so that is what I used for my sample.


Creative Nugget: In keeping with the title of the movie, a classic color combination of whites, creams, and kraft was used.  A snowflake embossing folder was used to give texture to one panel, and my favorite Canvas Impression Plate was used on other panels.  The background DP is from the Christmas This & That Paper Pad by Echo Park.  Antique Linen Distress Ink was used to stamp the image on one panel, but this was too light for the main layer, so the image was white embossed on Kraft card stock instead.  Straight and zig-zag stitching was added to each layer before adhering everything to a Neenah Solar White card front.  The sentiment , also from the Old Fashioned Christmas set, was stamped in Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  Some seam binding was tied through a Spellbinders snowflake die cut and some pearls were added to finish off the card...a classic card inspired by an old classic movie!  Hope you like it!

Check out the movies and books that inspired the other Sugar Babies. We can't wait to see what inspires you!



Sugar Babies





Thanks so much for stopping by...I sure appreciate when you do! Have a fabulous weekend!

Hugs,
Cathymac

Card Recipe
Stamps:  Old Fashioned Christmas (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Ink:  Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Inks (Ranger), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps), Kraft (PTI), Christmas This & That (Echo Park)
Accessories:  Snowflake Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft), Canvas Impression Plate (PTI), Fine White Embossing Powder (SU!), Snowflake Shapeability Die (Spellbinders), Sew Mini (Janome), Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Kaiser Pearls


8 comments:

Faye said...

Wow, Cathy, soooo elegant. I love the snowflake with the ribbon. Gorgeous. X

LeAnne said...

Just beautiful, Cathy! This is one of the nicest images Korin has ever done!

Carol L said...

Beautiful layering and stitching and I love the warm, subtle color scheme! I just love this stamp set!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Cathy. The color combo is so pretty and elegant. The silhouette image is gorgeous. Great textures and stitching! Also like the snowflake.

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! White Christmas is one of our favorite movies and this really does remind me of it!

Crafty Moni said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for the inspiration:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Shannon White said...

Wowie Miss Cathy! this is Gorgeous!! Love this Wonderful silhouette image, ( can't wait till mine arrives! ) 8-) Super idea to emboss in white and love the soft elegant papers you paired with it! And I am really loving your Pretty snowflake too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Eret said...

Fantastic card, Cathy. I love the colosr. It's perfect Christmas card.
I've been your silent follower for quite long time. I really love your card making style. I wish I could make something like that.
Because you inspire me I wanted to pass you on a Liebster Award. You can read more about it on my blog
http://kaardimaania.blogspot.com/2012/10/liebster-award-and-some-awesome-candies.html
Hugs, Eret